Why After-School Studying and Programs are Advantageous
Whether you are looking to fill in the hours after school with productive learning, or are looking for a way to boost your child’s success in class, there are many advantages to having your child study either after school with a tutor or participate in an after-school program. In addition to having vital interactions within a positive environment, both of these types of activities provide your child with additional learning skills, communication potential with others and active opportunities.
Benefits of After-School Tutoring
Although some parents may want to take the initiative themselves, it has become increasingly popular to have children study with a tutor after school. The reason being is that tutors will have the necessary knowledge and understanding that the child needs whereas the parent may not. Plus, a tutor will always be able to expand on what the teacher has provided either in their lessons or materials, in a way that the child may understand better. The benefits of having your child study with a tutor after school include:
- A child may find that it is safer to discuss problems that they are having in class when in a more intimate setting as it is less daunting than asking in front of peers. If the child has success with voicing their problems and getting solutions, the result will be invaluable to the child.
- Problem areas will be identified quickly and the tutor will be able to offer alternative methods of explanation or learning so that the student can grasp the subjects.
- The child will receive personalized lessons which will specifically address the child’s weak areas or weak subjects.
If you choose to go the route of after-school programs, the potential for productive learning time is immense, especially for children who have shorter attention spans. The benefits for after-school programs include:
- An excellent program will allow your child to improve their social skills through respect and cooperation with others. This can be done through conversations, games or interactive learning modules.
- An after-school program may feel like it offers more support for children who find school hard due to shorter attention spans. This means children may learn to take more risk, try new things and learn the value of self-esteem. A classroom is too rigid for this for most children.
- It makes learning fun and interactive. Enrolling your children in a subject that they love, like science, computers, dance or drama, will allow students to work in groups with others within a stress-free environment that promotes educational fun.
In addition to the above benefits, enrolling children into an after-school program or with online tutoring sessions will ensure that they less likely to engage in risky behavior after school with less than desirable peers. These two activities provide children with fun, interactive and positive environments which support educational growth.